- Clarifying - Are all videos included? Or only videos above a certain threshold of duration, visibility setting? Assuming all videos and no filters. Also, does it include videos in last 30 days or since the inception of YT? Assuming last 30 days. If the question was for since inception, I would project backwards and assume a growth % because of network effects. Finally, I'm assuming we're only calculating uploaded videos not live ones (may be they should be. So I would include them if the interviewer asks for them.
- Videos on YT = Videos from amateurs (Tom, Dick and Harry) + Videos from professional YouTubers (individuals) + Videos from professional (Media houses/businesses)
- Videos from amateurs = Videos that people upload on important ocassions (like wedding, birthday) + Videos that people upload and keep as private on YouTube = (Families who celebrate on an important ocassions per year X % likelihood that these famlies use YT X % likelihood that they use YT to share videos)/12 + (Individuals who upload videos for personal moments that they don't want to share per month X No. of videos per individual doing such an activity)/12
- Videos from professional YouTubers (individuals) = Videos uploaded on a weekly basis (because frequence of upload is critical to their success, I'm assuming they do this) X No. of Weeks in a month X Number of YT Content Creators X % of Content Creators who are individuals
- Videos from professionals (Media houses/businesses) = Videos uploaded on a daily basis (because they are businesses I'm assuming that they upload daily because they have the ability to) X No. of days in a month X Number of YT Content Creators X % of Content Creators who are professional media houses
- Sanity Check = 500 hours of videos get uploaded every 1 min. So assuming that each video is 10 mins (given that most videos on YT are entertainment and people's attention span doesn't last more than 10 mins for entertainment videos). So that means 3000 videos per min. So the final answer should be in orders of magnitude closeness to 3000 X 60 X 24 X 30 = 130 Million per month.
It'll be great to get feedback on this.