What kind of product? Physical or App?
What does more social mean?
Identify User Groups
The aged: they have more available time in the park
Single young people: normally in the early morning, after work and on the weekend
Families: normally with kids
I will focus on the young people, since they are more eager to have social and less cost of guiding them to use our products.
Report Use Cases
1. As young people with a busy week, I wanna have a rest to make friends in the park on the weekend.
2. As young people, I want to go for a run in the early morning with other runners to have a fresh start of the day.
3. As young people with dogs, I want to walk the dog after work and meet with others who also have dogs.
4. As young people work close to the park, I want to have a cup of coffee during the workday and talk with someone.
5. As young people, I want to hang out with friends on the weekend to have fun and meet new friends.
Cut through Prioritization
1 & 2 are similar to the same group: office workers and our main target group, with the strong motivation to be social, but with limited time because of busy work
3 people with pets usually have their own way to be social with other pet owners
4 minority users
5 already have friends might not have strong motivation with strangers
Based on the analysis above, I will choose 1 & 2 to go further.
1. Let the user input profile and interests to do the further connection and recommendation.
2. Integrate with Facebook/Google+/Twitter to have the profile and analyze them before connecting.
3. LBS feature to let user discoverable while in the park.
4. Invite others lived around the park to join the morning running occasionally or regularly.
5. Utilize AR/VR to make more engagement and fun, for example, there’s a virtual treasure hunting champion.
6. Have a drone in the park to be used for pairing strangers, only one person could use it at the same time, for example, I found a girl is reading a book which I’ve read recently and would like to have a discussion about it. So I open the app, and ask for a drone and bought a coffee then let the drone deliver to the girl, very cool icebreaking.
1. Could be useful when no other social account. Impact 3, Cost 3
2. Highly recommend since we can use the existed data and also more reliable. Impact 5, Cost 3
3. Simple, not urgent feature. Impact 3, Cost 2
4. Quite useful. Impact 5, Cost 3
5. Bonus feature. Impact 4, Cost 4
6. It’s a cool feature and needs to consider how to store the drone, etc. Impact 5, Cost 5
I design an App to focus on young people live around the park to let them have more opportunities for social. While I will choose 2 & 4 as the MVP to implement at first, then based on the metrics like active users, MRR, conversion rate, NPS to decide the future plan.