Clarifying Questions: - Are we talking about any particular park? or any park in general within a particular city? What is the business objective of this product? Apart from the park users, who else will be the stakeholders in the implementation of this product? What would be the monetization model of the product, if there is any?
Assuming the following:
I would go ahead with mobile based application that would provide a platform for all the park users to engage socially. I have selected mobile platform because on can potentially engage on the go, also while being in the park itself.
I am further assuming that app would include the information and details of all the available popular parks that are thronged by people within a particular city.
The users of the park would potentially be from the age group of 15 - 70 years. However, I would primarily target the age group of 15-50 years. Older users might not be tech savvy. However, the I would enlist all the potential use case or pain points that needs to be resolved.
A park user of any age group might have the following issues:
- Not knowing anyone in the park. Feeling shy to approach anyone in person
- Not having any information of the activities being organized in the park. In most cases, people get to know about activities only half way through. There is no prior information available unless one is a part of closed group that has scheduled or organized that activity
- How to organize an event or engagement activity in the park
- No information on the like minded people coming to the park and who to connect with
- No digital platform to engage with fellow park users
- Further, for people with 50+ years, with ailments, who frequent park all alone, there is no way to approach the medical emergency services
- Also, if some one has to organize an event in the park, there is no readily available information on the governing authority body who administers the health of the park or who is an authority to manage the park.
Keeping all these painpoints or issues that people generally face, we can build the following features.
- Mobile app would be platform that would allow users (Who frequent the park) to register themselves.
- There will be information and details on different daily activities schedule and timings. There will be a provision, wherein the users would be allowed to join these activities, i.e., would opt in to be a part of these activities
- Similarly, there would be provision to organize such activities. The user can also set the group number limit for such activities or can make it a closed group.
- The professional details of the administrative authority would be enlisted in the app. The govt. officer can be approached and contacted.
- There will be a provision for creating groups and doing group chats
- There will also be a provision for one-one chat
- In case some one wants to keep the identity private, that will also be possible. The login details would not be shared with anyone.
- There will be provision to call the emergency number or ambulance from within the app
The associated user story with above mentioned features could be:
The user opens the app. The user registers himslef/herself by providing some basic information or linking the account with facebook or twitter, etc. The user would also mention interests.
The homes screen would include the list of parks in the city (based on the location of the user)
The user would select a particular park and see the list of engagement activities being scheduled in that park. The activity details would also be mentioned. User would also see the people attending those gatherings. User may choose to be a part of that activity by opting to join.
User will be able to create any number of groups of some interest areas and will be able to invite people (who have registered on the app) to join the group
There will be a provision for group chat and one-one chat
As a safety measure, ambulance services would be one phone call away. There would be the ambulance number mentioned in the app.
There would be an issue regarding the safety of park users. I would not want the park to be used for illegal activities. Hence, all the activities maintained in the app would be monitored by official authorities. Illegal activities would not be allowed and would not be mentioned. This also means that we would require a buy-in from local authorities to implement this.
These can be an ad-based model to begin with. In this way, we will get more downloads.
To begin with with my MVP, I would finalize some features basis the following criteria:
- User impact
- Time to market/Effort required
Considering all these parameters, I would initially launch the MVP with 1,2,3,5,6, and 7. The partnership with administrative authorities would consume lot of time and it would not be easy to get an easy buy-in.
Also, it would be just ad-based model initially. India being a price sensitive market, the free registration would lead to increased downloads.