By assessing impact means change in spending last winter vs previous winters and whether the change was because of weather?
1. Any geography or all?
2. Any specific category?
1. Spend means – Change in spending on goods(essential & non-essential), Change in spending on services(vacation travel/hotel), Change in seasonal spending
2. Look at YoY spend during the same period.
3. Look at change during holiday period when spending peaks
4. Look at environmental factors such as unemployment, recession, war etc…
5. Look at weather related issues such as storms, harsh winters etc…
6. Look at spend on essential vs non-essential items. Essential means groceries vs non-essential means luxury goods, clothing etc…
7. Look at spending across diff. geographies. Especially areas with severe winters vs low winters.
8. Look at other factors such as change in tariffs, taxation which can contribute to pricing thus spending spending.