First, I'd define FB page or ask clarifications. Is it the page that anyone can create for businesses, ideologies, public figures etc.?
Second, I'd choose a user persona (creator of the pages). Let's pick up businesses.
Third, I'd lay out the objective of the business creating the page. Let's say it's to increase brand awareness and customer interaction. Key metrics would be:
- Total number of likes
- Visits per day/week/month
- User interactions (shares/comments)
Fourth, I'd lay out use cases for the business using the page.
- Create content to publish
- Promote a post (to market/sell)
- Give customers a touchpoint for feedback or customer service (complaints)
Fifth, I'd list potential solutions against each of these use cases:
- Content creation tool with templates. Preview the content and see the score before posting. Score is based on how likely it is to generate user interactions (views/likes/shares)
- Post promotion/highlighting options. Pin the post for a select duration. Include a countdown/timer (where relevant). Highlight borders to make it prominent. Embedded multimedia carousel within the post (videos/images). Tracking of shares (virality)
- Customer service tool takes the chat directly to DM. Auto tags based on user comments. Follow-up email after the chat. Analytics dashboard for customer interactions
Sixth, I'd list some metrics I'd track for the product performance.
- Before/after analysis of activity (likes/visits) in pages that use the tools
- Adoption of these tools (how many businesses are using them, which features/tools are more popular)
- Creation of pages (has that increased significantly)
Lastly, I'd think about user journey.
- I'd email page creators (businesses) about this new features. Pop up a dialogue when they visit the page next time (admin)
- If they're posting content, I'd remind they can use the advanced features for content creation
- I'd display some some recommendations on select posts to show how you can drive even more engagement.
- Rollout: A/B tests to see performance before rolling out completely