Use the rule of three to answer this question. Pick three attributes and apply that to the product you like. Here is my approach to answering this question:
My favorite product is Grammarly. When I think about why Grammarly as my favorite product, it comes down to three key points.
1. Useful - Is the product useful and solving a key pain point?
2. Efficient - Is the product solving the issue quicker with less effort from the user
3. Innovation - Is the product solving the user problem in a new way that makes the user smarter
As the interviewee might not be aware of the product, a good way to start the assessment is by giving a quick summary of the product.
"Grammarly is a spelling and grammar checking tool that is available to users as a standalone desktop application, web application, browser extension, and also as a plugin to MS word. The look and feel of standalone desktop application and web application is same - a simple text editor interface where user can either upload an existing document or create a new one. Grammarly highlights the errors and suggest corrections as the user types. The browser extension works little differently, where the errors are automatically highlighted using colors and the suggestions are shown when user hover over the highlighted text"
Now, I will assess Grammarly on the three key points that I mentioned above.
1. Useful - grammarly saves time by providing accurate suggestions. It does it by using latest machine learning algorithm and natural language processing to find the best match/ correction. It also enhanced user vocabulary by recommending more nuanced words that I can use in my writing. It also teaches me how to write more grammatically correct sentences.
2. Efficient - making correction using grammarly is very easy. As the user of the application, I just have to single click on the suggestion and it replaces the incorrect word with the new one. I don't have to open up a new window to do so (in MS word, user has to click multiple times for correction). Correcting an entire para takes as many clicks as there are grammatical errors.
3. Innovation - grammarly uses latest machine learning algorithm and predictive technologies to improve accuracy of detecting wrong word and suggesting the best word to replace. Also grammarly work cross platform.
To summarize, grammarly is my favorite application as it useful, efficient, and innovative.