I'm assuming that the current process of finding gardening solutions is very ad-hoc and there is no app which can address homeowner specific needs. The goal is to create an engaging app to help homeowners find the best solution for their gardening needs.
Also, are we planning to earn revenue through the app download or are we planning to use advertisements to earn the money - assuming it is advertisement based revenue
- Rich homeowners with big houses for whom gardens are a prerequisite part of their lifestyle and status
- Garden enthusiasts who are passionate about the best services for their gardens etc.
- People with basic garden needs such as mowing etc.
- Households with very niche garden need such as whether to invest in a particular plant etc.
Assuming, that the goal is to earn more revenue, therefore I want to target the first user persona
- Regular upkeep of their gardens etc.
- Pest control/ tree cutting etc. specific services
- More guidance about what stuff to plant
- Sale - miniature plants, seeds
I feel that user need 4, will have more significance as the community grows bigger mainly because that'll help people to exchange ideas as well as app owner to offer premium services.
- Location-based service offerings
- Community build - ask an expert to get answers to the questions that you might have. As a further enhancement, getting horticulture experts etc. on-board
- sale of plants/gift materials/regular materials such as flowers, vegetables related to plants etc.
Launch and metrics
The app can gain traction by launching it via the realtors and advertising it at the open houses. Because we are targeting higher segment of society, therefore I feel it makes sense to identify people there.
Initially, the number of sign-ups can be used as a metric for tracking the awareness of the app. Also, by seeing the recurring customers using a different variety of services will be an indicator of retention. The metrics such as click-through rate can be used to track the level of engagement. Finally for monetization, the use of horticulture services etc. can be tracked. Additionally, the sale of gardening equipment for plants and gift materials can also be a good metric.