Lets start with comprehending the question better...Designing a gardening app that would help users to get their gardening needs addressed.
The target set of users could be 1) house owners having large gardens, 2) house owners with gardens with special needs (orchards, kitchen gardens, grass lawns,..) 3) Gardeners (service providers) who would like to register and offer services to house owner
There are multiple personas who could be using this app...I would like to focus first on house owner categories 1 & 2 to start with . Later we will include use cases for 3
1. House owners able to view various gardening services (new house owner garden setup, order new plants, monthly service, topping soil..etc)
2. Able to register to book services (either on-demand or schedule them)
3. Payment options (PayPal, credit card)
4. Give feedback /suggestion on service quality,satisfaction,
5. Promotional offers/Coupons for referral
Detailing of use cases
1. house owners should be able to give a brief description of their garden requirement so appropriate experienced service provider would be assigned. New House owners should have be able to provide their requirements for garden plan (in terms of size, plants varieties, grass lawn req,..)
2. Calender to book a service : 1. On demand (with next 1-2 hrs) 2. Schedule a gardening service
This will allow us to give differential pricing & promotions (which is part of #6)
3.Payment gateway - card registration, default payment options.
4. Capture user feedback on services that they have received, suggestions
5. Promotion offers -> signing up for recurring(bi-monthly/monthly) service, referral programs, coupons to nearby nursery to buy plants..etc
Now let's evaluate the priority of each of these use cases based on following..
|Freq of usage||Business Impact||Implementation Cost|
Based on prioritization and ROI of various use cases above, #1 ,#2 & #3 would be MVP for this app and we need to get these implemented. #4 & #5 would follow up in iterations
Finally we need to understand product metrics that would help us understand user activation, engagement, adoption, churn and net promoter rate(referral)
Metrics would be 1) number of user sign up 2) Freq of visit 3) Revenue generated 4)Referral coupons used 5) Repetitive of service
Based on metrics measured and tracking it for few iterations, we can open up the app for gardeners persona to make the app more wholesome and new channel
Here is a gardening app that would carter to target user mainly house owners and then open up channel for gardeners