What is the goal of the redesign? Let's says, the goal is to increase revenue. Twitter revenue could come from two sources
- rev share with business aka take a cut for every sale
What is the problem with the current design? Let's say users are not buying the products.
Do we need the redesign for the web app or mobile app? I would assume mobile app as the majority of the users are on mobile.
Our goal is to redesign the twitter e-commerce mobile app to increase revenue via a revenue share model
- Business owners
- Consumes on the app
Report user needs
- As a business owner, I would want my product to be easily searchable and show on top of the search list so that I get more conversion
- As a business owner, I would like to target users who are interested in buying the products I am selling
- As a business owner, I want the payment transaction to be an easy one-step process
- As a user, I would like to compare the ratings, prices of the products I am looking for
- As a user, I want my PII information to be hidden from the business owner.
- As a user, the payment transaction should be a one-click process
- As a user, I should be able to return the product if it is defective.
There could be more scenarios, but let us target our user as Business owner (The more people buy the products, the more the revenue share)
Cut through prioritization
We will focus on use-case 2, re-design the way the campaigns are set up and provide better targeting capability. The better the targeting, the more probability for a user to buy the product.
|Solution||Impact to Business||Cost to Twitter||Complexity|
|Provide business owner market trend for the product they are selling. Market trend in terms of age group of people buying a similar product, demography, location etc and allow them to target the users based on the trend. ||High||High||High: Twitter would have to do market study for every business owner and every product|
|Provide business owner the ability to target based on keyword search ||High||Low||Low: Show products when the user is using 'keywords' in the search query|
|Provide business owner the ability to show their product ads on the feed using hashtag of the product ||High||Low||The technology already exists|
|Provide business owner the ability to search for an influencer best suited for spreading their product/campaign||High||High||Medium: Twitter already has data on influencer, it just needs to create a tool which could cost with respect to engineers, hardware etc|
|Provide business owner the ability to retarget the users (people who have already bought a product, might need accessories or similar genre prodcuts)||High||Low||The technology already exists |
The revenue could be increased by allowing business owner to target the relevant users. This could be achieved by implementing
2, 3 & 4 as MVP.