Firstly, I would like to understand what is Celiac disease from the interviewer. I understand that it is intolerance to Gluten. Also, I would like to know if we are looking for web client or mobile client or both.
Assuming, we are looking for a mobile client only (also because mobile usage has 70% penetration as compared to web usage of about 30%, so I would like to focus on the mobile app).
The Primary customers for this app would be patients (suffering from Celiac), closed ones/family members of these patients. The secondary users of this app would be Doctors (experts in curing this disease).
The use cases of the app would be:
- Readily access of information related to Celiac disease
- Accessibility to Doctors
- Information on Food items
The proposed solutions would be:
- Creating a city wise repository of Doctors (along with their information of clinics and operating times) who treat this disease
- There would be an information repository on the treatment of celiac disease
- On-boarding Doctors who would monitor chats and provide online advice. This advice can be through one-one chats with the available doctors
- A group chat portal that would be used to seek advice from anyone (even from other patients) - This chat portal would be open to all the community members including Doctors
- A page that would enlist all the packaged food that can be consumed (accounting for gluten sensitivity).
- There can be provision to order and deliver the packaged food
- A section of app would enlist the home made recipes to treat the disease or generic recipes that are recommended for a Celiac patient
- There can be a section in the app that enlist over the shelf medication that can be purchased for patients
Now, since I have enlisted all the solutions, I would incorporate some of them to launch my MVP.
I would consider following points:
- Time to market/Effort required
- User impact
- Cost to build that feature
- Any specific management strategy
Considering time to market is of utmost importance in order to gain first mover advantage, I would launch only in 1 city. I would start with features 1,2, 3, and 4. These features would create the most impact. The effort required is also great since we will hav eto on-board doctors. Hence, initially, all the efforts would be channelized in this having these 4 features in the MVP.